[Linux-aus] Linux Grant Application - Hubcaps to Creative Hubs: Open Source

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Wed May 17 23:09:16 AEST 2017

Depending on the grant and other factors, paying a small percentage of
someone's professional employment salary might be a win/win (e.g. Linux
Australia doesn't need to figure out employment or other contracts, the
people "employed" may be more willing/able to do the work because their
"normal" job will keep paying them afterwards [as opposed to 'What do we
do after this grant money finishes?']).

On the other hand, "how likely will providing the grant encourage others
to participate, voluntarily or otherwise, in the open source community"
is also a valid criteria.

DSL

Behalf
> Of Adam Nielsen via linux-aus
> Sent: Monday, 15 May 2017 11:43 PM
> To: Tim Ansell <mithro at mithis.com>
> Cc: linux-aus at linux.org.au; council at linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Linux Grant Application - Hubcaps to Creative
> Hubs: Open Source
>
> > There are also terms in the budget which are not familiar to myself
> > (and probably others including) "2 Days Academic Level A.8 +
OnCosts"