[Linux-aus] Hardware problems

Neil Cowley neil.cowley at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 12 23:38:32 AEST 2017

Ben

When you  state "[OS] Cannot see" > You mean there is no /dev/sdX disk
device file ?

The hardware is definitely being recognized, but it appears the kernel
module(megaraid_sas) is not creating the correct disk device

try

lsmod megaraid_sas

dmesg    (may show any errors when the driver loads)

insmod megaraid (force megaraid module load, which may also show any errors)

.....And without trying to be insulting......have you read the
installation guide for the hardware/software component ?

Feel free to email me directly if you want, I have some experience of
Dell Server hardware/Megaraid/Linux

Neil Cowley