[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Stemformatics application for the Linux Australia Grants Scheme

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Wed May 3 14:23:07 AEST 2017

Dear Rowland and Linux Aus community,

Council is delighted to announce that this grant has been awarded in
full ($AUD 5k), based on discussions at Council meeting 27th April. Due
to this being a very significant grant Linux Australia requires a
quarterly report providing information as to how the project is
progressing and any results that may occur, to be sent to this mailing
list.

Council was not unanimous in this decision, noting that this grant is
somewhat removed from open source software and hardware, but *does* have
a strong link with open data. Council also noted the intersection of
academia and science with open source communities, and Linux Australia's
desire to partner more with these communities. Council noted the open
source licensing of the data sets involved.

*Next action:* Rowland to correspond with Kathy, Kathy to arrange
financial transaction, Kathy is responsible officer for chasing reports
from this Grant. Some wording suitable for promotion via social media
channels would be appreciated.

With kind regards,

Kathy

On 29/03/17 17:46, Rowland Mosbergen wrote:
> Dear Linux Australia Council members and community,
>
> I would like to make a grant application for the Linux Australia
> Grants Scheme on behalf of Stemformatics.
>
> You can view the application as a pdf (attached) or a link (below):
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Hjv6EC6GA2A6_DQcOjv7zqubt96nBaqoV7YbeUNCJg/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I only recently realised that I need to be a member of Linux Australia
> to quality for this grant. I did apply on the 27th of March 2017 to
> fulfil this criteria.
>
> Please let me know if any extra information is needed for this
> application.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rowland
>
> ------------
>
> Rowland Mosbergen | Business Manager, Stemformatics
> Wells Laboratory | Centre for Stem Cell Systems
> Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience | Faculty of Medicine,
> Dentistry and Health Sciences
>
> Room 1.36, Level 1, Kenneth Myer Building
> The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010 Australia
> T: +61 3 8344 6623 | E: rowland at stemformatics.org
> <mailto:rowland at stemformatics.org>
> W: www.stemformatics.org <http://www.stemformatics.org>  | Skype:
> rowland.stemformatics
>
> id:image001.jpg at 01D20A8D.3D4A4630
>

> This email and any attachments may contain personal information or
>  information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of
> copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is
> prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any
> attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any
> attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email
> is received in error please delete it and notify us by return email.
>

> This email and any attachments may contain personal information or
>  information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of
> copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is
> prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any
> attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any
> attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email
> is received in error please delete it and notify us by return email.

Kathy Reid
President
Linux Australia

0418 130 636