[Linux-aus] Grant application Cryptoproof

Ian ilox11 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:39:42 AEDT 2017

Michael Cordover said:
"Finally, this project's key success metric is generating sufficient
revenue to be self-sustaining (though I note it does not indicate how
that revenue is generated). While generating revenue is not a bad aim
per se, I don't think LA should provide business start-up grants. Our
grants programs should be community-focused. Building a self-sustaining
service that has strong community demand might fall into that category;
supporting a for-profit service like this doesn't seem to."

I agree completely and that is one of a number of reasons why I do not
support this Grant Application.

(the other reasons revolve around the perceptions of others that it is not
capable of achieving the stated goals plus the funding for and reliance on
only one person to achieve the goals.)