[Linux-aus] Linux Grant Application - Hubcaps to Creative Hubs: Open Source

Cristina Garduno Freeman cristina.garduno at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jun 9 20:24:14 AEST 2017

Dear Linux Australia,

Thank you for taking the time to consider our grant.

Kind regards

Cristina Garduno Freeman

On 9 Jun 2017, at 7:52 pm, Cameron Tudball <ctudball at outlook.com<mailto:ctudball at outlook.com>> wrote:

Hello,

With some regret, Council have rejected this grant request.

While Council found that this grant had great merit and applauded its goals, we decided that the outcome of the grant was not in alignment with the goals of Linux Australia or of a direct benefit to members in general.  It also doesn't sufficiently advance open data or open source in the Australasian community.

I would also like to note that the Linux Australia President, Kathy Reid, did not participate in the discussion of this grant and abstained from the voting process.

--
Cameron Tudball
Vice-President