[Linux-aus] DKIM and DMARC

Stephen Rothwell lca at rothwell.id.au
Wed Jan 4 20:41:29 AEDT 2017

Hi Russell,

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 19:53:31 +1100 Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:

> Such a change will mean that any Gmail user who receives list mail from
> another Gmail user will know that any modification of the mail could only
> happen at the list server.

Well, apart from the fact that neither coker.com.au or linux.org.au are
DNSSEC signed, so the DNS responses for either zone could well be
interfered with ... What are people trying to achieve with all this
stuff in any csae.  So far it seems that SPF, DKIM and DMARC are
causing much more pain than they are helping.

(No, I don't really want to get into a debate, just curious as to what
people think.)

Stephen Rothwell