[Linux-aus] Announcing the Beyond 2020 Alliance - driving a new conversation about Australia's digital infrastructure post-2020

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Fri Apr 28 09:48:04 AEST 2017

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 05:44:18PM +1000, Linux Australia President wrote:
> As flagged in our last email, Linux Australia has been in discussions
> with Internet Australia, Telecommunications Association and the IT
> Professionals Association to drive a new conversation with the
> Australian public regarding the shape of Australia's digital
> infrastructure post-2020. Driven by George Fong's excellent leadership,
> we have collaborated to form the Beyond 2020 Alliance.
>
> The background, aims, purpose, constituency and nature of the Alliance
> are outlined in the attached.

This seems to be a good idea from where I sit.  We are presently seeing the
less than ideal result when important technical topics are politicised.
Having a body to promote reasoned discussion free from arbitrary,
non-technical ideologies can only be a good thing.

I commend all involved in this initiative.

Regards
  jonathan