[Linux-aus] Grant Application: Promotion of FOSS in undergraduate Computer Science, Information Technology and Software Engineering degrees at the University of Newcastle

Nathan Bailey web at polynate.net
Mon Apr 3 15:32:55 AEST 2017

Good thought Paul, although that may be ambitious (the needs of undergrad
CS students are probably a lot more specific than general educational
contexts), but one thing I'd like to see is a potential collaboration with
another university so that more than one pool of students benefit from this.

ie. this is a commendable effort and likely to bear fruit but we wouldn't
want to have to do 20+ of them for all the other MS Windows-oriented CS
schools in AU (guessing that half are Windows and half Linux).

Mark, is there any chance you could collaborate on this with another uni?
Universities tend to be far more understanding of sharing coursework with
each other than with the general public, so there may be some opportunity
to collaborate on the "closed" bits as well as the open bits.

Note that I do NOT recommend trying to get many universities collaborating
(condemning this to a series of academic committees!) but one other CS
school would be good value.
-N