[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au 2017 is looking for volunteers

Christopher Neugebauer (linux.conf.au 2017) chair at hobart.lca2017.org
Fri Nov 25 10:08:36 AEDT 2016

Hello there!

We’re looking for volunteers to help make linux.conf.au 2017 a huge success!

If you’ve volunteered before and just want to apply, all the details
are at https://linux.conf.au/attend/volunteer -- for everyone else,
read on!

We’re just over 50 days from the start of the conference, but we can’t
run the conference on our own. We need help to check attendees in when
they arrive, to operate AV equipment such as audio gear and cameras,
to direct people around the venue, ensuring our rooms run to schedule,
as well as setting up and packing down the conference.

Anyone who has been a volunteer before will tell you that it’s an
extremely busy but worthwhile time. It’s rewarding to know that you’ve
helped everybody at the conference to get the most out of it. There's
nothing quite like knowing that you've made a difference.

You don't just get to meet the delegates and speakers, you get to know
many of them while helping them as well. You get a unique opportunity
to get behind the scenes and close to the action. You can forge new
relationships with amazing, interesting, wonderful people you might
not ever get the chance to meet any other way.

In return for your help we'll provide you with morning and afternoon
tea, lunch, and a clean t-shirt each day, and if you ask nicely we
might even write you a letter of reference at the end of the week.
Depending on the number of volunteers and workload, we'll also try our
best to schedule things to let volunteers go to their favourite talks.

For more information, please visit
https://linux.conf.au/attend/volunteer -- we have full details of what
we need from our volunteers. We review and approve applications
regularly.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer <chair at hobart.lca2017.org>

Conference Director - linux.conf.au - January 2017 - Hobart
Tickets on sale now! https://linux.conf.au/attend