[Linux-aus] Candidacy Support Statement - President or Ordinary Council Member

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Wed Nov 23 14:16:17 AEDT 2016

On 23/11/2016 14:07, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 11:39:23 AM AEDT Hugh Blemings wrote:
>> I write offering to continue to serve the membership of Linux Australia
>> and the broader Free and Open Source Software/Hardware communities in
>> one of two capacities, President or Ordinary Council Member (OCM).
>> However there is something of a “twist”...
>
> Why are there so many struck-out words in the message?  Is there some special
> meaning to that or was it just a mistake when editing?

No, I think a quirk in my editing, or perhaps as Chris suggested just
now, it may be that I had some words written with dashes either side for
emphasis and that's been interpreted as strike-through.

Now I think about it, that is a a markdown - style idiom, so perhaps
that's what's done it.

Sorry for any confusion!

Cheers,
Hugh