[Linux-aus] Wanted: HTML5 video support for BigBlueButton (A shout-out to all HTML5 and video wizards!)

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Thu Nov 10 10:57:50 AEDT 2016

Hi all

A shout-out to all HTML5 and video wizards!

BigBlueButton is an online learning system, roughly an Open Source competitor to Blackboard Collaborate/Eluminate.

It works really well, but historically it's had a nasty Flash dependency to do its audio/video.
There is an HTML5 client that now has the audio sorted in clean HTML5 fashion.
However, the camera/video is not yet done.

http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/html/html5-overview.html

https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/tree/master/bigbluebutton-html5

Surely it can't be that hard?

>From my end, I have a working BBB installation and am happy to let you test html5 client stuff on it.