[Linux-aus] OSDC 2015 Wrap

Steven Ellis steven.ellis at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:16:46 AEST 2016

Ditto a great write up and I wish we'd done something similar for 2013.

I agree with Tim in that OSDC has a different vibe to an LCA but is has
struggled with numbers over the last few years. It is also a great
incubator for future LCA speakers.

Back in 2013 we were very lucky in getting some local NZ sponsors which
really helped, and our one major gap was around video recording as we just
weren't geared up for it. AV costs at our venue were high enough already.

I wonder if the two events are getting to close to each other, but we also
have PyconAU and Kiwi Pycon happening earlier in the year as well.

Personally I'd love to see a fresh NZ bid for OSDC and I'm bending a few
arms at present.

Steven