[Linux-aus] Membership Team - linux.org.au site wireframes - Level 0

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Fri May 13 20:05:15 AEST 2016

Hello David

Perhaps the wikipedia page on 'wireframes' may be helpful in
understanding the elements and layout of what Kathy is trying to achieve
with the wirefram- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website_wireframe

I believe the icons from left to write are;

Letter icon - email - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email
IN icon - LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com
tweeting bird icon - twitter - http://twitter.com
cat icon - Youtube cat video playlist -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tntOCGkgt98&list=PLwlF1uffYtXrBWkdhf9AJtrSws-djZ_aX

Hope this helps.

On 05/13/2016 06:55 PM, David Lloyd wrote:

> Looks good from here – is it envisaged that the feeds would change in
> real time?
>
> Assuming that FOO COMPANY PTY LTD wanted to sponsor Linux Australia,
> how would this be accomplished in this design?
>
> I assume the site isn’t going to be black and white … is it envisaged to:
>
> 1.Keep the current logo;
>
> 2.Keep the current colour scheme.
>
> I haven’t checked but are there enough jobs to ensure the featured job
> feature (pun not intended) doesn’t look stale?
>
> What do the icons mean (and I don’t recognise the cat icon)?
>
> Is there a reason why the Twittter icon is on the left but all the
> others are on the right?
>
> How do you become a member (it’s not obvious to me – is subscribing
> becoming a member)?
>
> It could be that I don’t understand the wireframe thing but are there
> going to be borders around each section (or is that just a way to
> delineate the sections)?
>
> DSL

Stephen Walsh: Today included that moment where someone said "Wait, you're *that* Steve Walsh? You are way calmer than the company doco makes you seem"
Gabriel Noronha: I always assumed there was a community service video in the staff induction about you...
Anthony Towns: ‎"Have you recently found yourself set on fire? Perhaps you're bleeding from unusual places? If so you may benefit from learning to SWEAR -- Steve Walsh: Enrage, Apologise, Run away."