[Linux-aus] FOSS-as-a-service

Katie McLaughlin katie at glasnt.com
Thu Jan 28 08:41:56 AEDT 2016

> If you're interested in programming then learning Haskell or a similar
> functional language is quite an eye-opening experience

If you're interested in learning about functional programming, there's a
whole miniconf about it this year! It's running on Tuesday in the Woolshed.

I highly recommend perusing the schedule, and attending the FP talk about a
language you are familiar with: we have Python, Swift, JavaScript, Scala
and Haskell talks.

/plug

On the topic of github-backup <https://github.com/joeyh/github-backup>: the
github API is quite accessible if you want to use one of the many
language-specific API packages and just iterate over everything in a
particular repo.

- Katie