[Linux-aus] FOSS-as-a-service

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Wed Jan 20 23:17:02 AEDT 2016

Hi Tennessee

On 01/20/2016 10:47 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

> For some reason, we have opted to remove cost and risk from the
> individual by moving the infrastructure responsibility and legal
> hosting onto private companies. Do we need LA or EFF to host a gitlab
> instance in place of github and move FOSS hosting onto a truly libre
> platform

The plan to host a github-like instance on a LA VM has been on the cards
for a while, there's just been a few other ducks* to nail down first,
and for every duck* we nail down, two more show up in it's place.

Now we're nearly clear of the sudden left-field need to migrate all of
our services to a new host, we hope to nail all the ducks* to a board in
the coming months.

regards

*If you think you can guess what I nearly typed there in a Freudian
slip, write your answer on a 3x5 card along with your name and address
and send it through to "Steve Walsh nearly said a rude word on the list"
c/- GPO Box 4788 Sydney NSW 2001