[Linux-aus] From Andri Effendi - Regarding Libraries

Andri Effendi fusionman133 at gmx.de
Mon Jan 18 22:14:57 AEDT 2016

Dear Linux Australia,

There is a project collaborating with the ACLU in the US.
It's called the Library Freedom Project (LFP).

“The Library Freedom Project is a partnership among librarians,
technologists, attorneys, and privacy advocates which aims to make real
the promise of intellectual freedom in libraries. By teaching librarians
about surveillance threats, privacy rights and responsibilities, and
digital tools to stop surveillance, we hope to create a privacy-centric
paradigm shift in libraries and the local communities they serve.”
https://libraryfreedomproject.org/ourwork/

Here is a document that was given to me by Alison Macrina, the
organizer of the US based project.
It is a document that is described in an American context that is used
with in ACLU to promote this project.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6a6GidWUZ4PWWU3WFFveTdiNkk

Also there is a document titled "join LFP" which is another Document
that explains more about the US based project.
https://libraryfreedomproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/join-LFP.pdf

I really would like to start an Australian based project in Sydney.

Currently I have code named the project I wish get started
"Free Libraries Australia".

Please let me know if you are interested.

***In Addition ***
If you are not already doing so please start using TOR Browser
https://www.torproject.org

Start using GNU Privacy Guard (Email Encryption)
learn how: https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/

***In Addition ***

Kind Regards,
--
Andri Effendi <fusionman133 at gmx.de>
Organiser of The Free Software Movement in Sydney

GPG fingerprint: 8438 138D ECDA 05E0 591F  F2B4 4721 0F03 AC24 DF73
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted.