[Linux-aus] SPF problems too

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Jan 15 20:57:04 AEDT 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 03:41:01 PM Julian De Marchi wrote:
> In regards to DKIM, we will try and understand the issue more before
> implementing any changes.

OK.  Do you have any idea how long that might take?

On the 12th of January 2015 Steve Walsh contacted me because my experiements
with DMARC caused some people to be unsubscribed from this list.  It's been
over a year and nothing has been done on the Linux Australia end.  Presumably
next time someone posts to this list from an address that uses DMARC (EG
yahoo.com) we will get the same result.

I've fixed such problems with the LUV lists, mail is going through reliably
now.

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 06:36:55 PM Brent Wallis wrote:
> If RC has incorrectly configured his email server or DNS or any other piece
> of infra associated with same I will drop my pants and hobble the full
> length of Collins St (Melbourne) (undies still up of course... :-) ).

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my abilities.  ;)  I do make mistakes on
occasion, and in retrospect just adding a DMARC entry and sending mail to
lists was a mistake.  But a correctly behaving list won't unsubscribe people
because of a mistake made by one member.