[Linux-aus] Confound It @ MemberDB :)

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Tue Jan 12 11:09:26 AEDT 2016

Christopher Neugebauer <_ at chrisjrn.com> writes:
> On 12 January 2016 at 09:42, Michael Cordover <la at mjec.net> wrote:
>>
>> Having said that, I don't know what counting system MemberDB uses at the
>> moment...
>
> Instant runoff voting where exclusions are conducted until the number
> of candidates remaining is equal to the number of positions to be
> filled.

I was going to be only slightly cheeky and post a URL to the source, but
that's a good summary :)

It turns out having multiple people elected to the one position
(Ordinary Committee Members) with preferential voting where you don't
*have* to fill in all the boxes is a really odd thing for anyone to ever
do... and we're possibly unique in that.

--
Stewart Smith