[Linux-aus] Inflection Point - A Strategic Plan for Linux Australia

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 7 19:09:20 AEDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-01-07 at 14:03 +1100, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
> I had a talk rejected from LCA called "How the internet is killing
> open source" :). The proposal was probably too half-baked, but a part
> of the discussion was exactly around how SAAS models interact with
> traditional open source applications and actually reduce the ability
> to directly modify and improve the software that's under use, plus
> the way in which free central SAAS model can be counter-productive in
> some ways.

I'll be covering that kind of territory a bit with my 'Samba + Github
== Freedom ??' talk.  Before SAAS came along, it is clear we (the Samba
Team) would have rejected a propriety VCS, and we still maintain the
master with our own hosting, but we decided we wanted to be 'easy to
work with' so now mirror on github.

Andrew Bartlett