[Linux-aus] Inflection Point - A Strategic Plan for Linux Australia

Michael Cordover la at mjec.net
Thu Jan 7 15:31:01 AEDT 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016, at 14:01, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
> Recommendations.
>
> (1) Recommendations to be ratified at the AGM by vote
>  (a) Change to mission statements
>  (b) Other high-level scope and vision statement changes
>
> (2) Recommendations to be provided to the new committee for consideration
>  (c) Consideration of paid memberships
>  (d) MemberDB changes
>  (e) Other items at the level of initiatives or projects

For what it's worth, I think this is a good separation of concerns.

However, I see there being a real risk of the community deferring the
"hard" questions, as happened around this time last year. Let's not lose
the momentum arising from these discussions. I think we can - and should
- have these discussions at or around the time of the AGM, without
necessarily intending to resolve them then.

Regards

Michael