[Linux-aus] Inflection Point - A Strategic Plan for Linux Australia

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Thu Jan 7 12:40:51 AEDT 2016

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 01:41:25AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Personally, my biggest concern isn't in having a paid executive officer
> to do cool stuff, but rather having syadmins with enough time to keep
> the old (and current) lca sites up available.

So I received an off-list email from someone on the admin team indicating
they'd read this as an attack. FWIW, it was intended as support for top
priority on any additional resources that might help, nothing more.

That off-list mail also indicated that the 2013, 2014, and 2015 sites
aren't still offline due to lack of time/resources on the admin team's
behalf, but rather other reasons (which I haven't seen mentioned in
public, and since I only became aware via a private mail, I'm not sure
if they're secret/sensitive for some reason).

Anyway, I thought that warranted a public correction, rather than just
an off-list apology.

Cheers,
aj