[Linux-aus] Re-igniting the Membership Committee
kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Thu Feb 11 23:09:06 AEDT 2016
On 11/02/16 22:52, David Lloyd wrote:
> Neil, it’s actually not clear to me what’s broken about the current
> memberdb … I actually think we’re concentrating on technical issues
> when the problem isn’t technical.
> I commend your work on membershipdb-ng.
It's a fair question David - and perhaps I haven't outlined the problem
we're trying to solve clearly.
The current MemberDB has *broken* functionality in the following ways:
* Membership reporting is inconsistent, and we require consistent
reporting to meet compliance requirements under the Fair Trading Act
(NSW), as LA is an incorporated association.
* The platform itself is aged, and runs on a difficult to support code
base (an old version of PHP)
The current MemberDB has functionality *gaps* in the following ways:
* Memberships are not renewed, so we don't havea way to expire, or
confirm currency of Membership
* There are no targeted communications functionality - so we can't
email subsets of Members, such as those in Victoria, those who are
female - to provide useful information
* We use a variety of tools to manage memberships of committees, and
the current Membership platform does not make this easier.
A list of requirements was started at;
and I'd warmly welcome contributions to this.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the linux-aus