[Linux-aus] Re-igniting the Membership Committee

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Thu Feb 11 22:42:43 AEDT 2016

To be honest, I chose flask because I wanted to learn about it. memberdb
seemed like something that might be useful to LA. I was aware of the
problems with the current implementation and thought a rewrite might be
helpful.

I've had some fun and learned quite a bit, it may yet prove to be useful,
but if it isn't it's still been a worthwhile exercise for me.

I encourage any LA members with knowledge of CiviCRM to step forward and
help implement a replacement for memberdb.

In the meantime I'll keep working on the flask version - gratefully
accepting any help, and without expecting LA to feel any obligation to use
the final product.

This is one of the strengths of free software - we're all free to
contribute and LA as an organization is free to choose the platform that
best meets their need.

I personally have a preference for python over php, but it's just that - a
preference. I don't have hard data to back it up, just feelings :-)

Reinventing the wheel can be fun, but feel free to stick with Wheel 1.0 if
you prefer.

Cheers,
Neill