[Linux-aus] Parity error between nominations and candidates?

Katie McLaughlin katie at glasnt.com
Mon Dec 26 21:22:21 AEDT 2016

Hi

> Is it because the candidate has to accept the nomination
> and those candidates haven't accepted the nomination?

Yes, that's correct.

See Section 15) 1. a. of the Constitution
(https://linux.org.au/constitution) (emphasis
mine):

>  Nominations of candidates for election .. must be made in writing,
signed by 2 members of the association and
> **accompanied by the written consent of the candidate**

There are a number of candidates who did not accept their nomination.

The people listed under the Candidates section are those who have accepted
nomination, and can be voted for.

Hopefully this clears things up.

- Katie