[Linux-aus] Candidacy Support Statement - President or Ordinary Council Member

Donna Benjamin donna at kattekrab.net
Sat Dec 10 13:08:40 AEDT 2016

Drupal uses the election module to elect community at large directors to the board of the Drupal association.

https://www.drupal.org/project/election

As another professional working to deliver open source based web applications I concur with Andrew Bartlett that 23k or 17k is cheap for the service we require right now.

As an event organiser i need tools that support my volunteer energy, so I don't need to build those tools.

As a Linux Australia member I'd love to see council engage in outreach to encourage more people to engage with the organisation and learn about and participate in free software communities.

As a past pajamaran I tried to get volunteers to do our catering. I failed.

I support this effort.