[Linux-aus] Candidacy Support Statement - President or Ordinary Council Member

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Dec 9 14:49:39 AEDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 13:08 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> $15 a month and $20 upfront via civihosting.com gets you a system
> with CiviCRM pre-installed, and presumably able to be immediately
> used by someone with basic CiviCRM admin skills.

Oh.  Presumably LA would need basic CiviCRM admin skills for it to be
useful at all.  If they don't have them now CiviCRM training is cheap
as you point out.

On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 13:58 +1100, Hugh Blemings wrote:
> We would like two or three members to volunteer to install and run a
> replacement Membership/CRM style management system for a minimum
> period of two years.  It needs to be something demonstrably well
> integrated, user friendly and with a broad community of support of
> the underlying codebase.

Assuming LA is prepared to pay the $15/mo instead of using volunteers,
is this now fulfilled?  There is still the issue of replacing MemberDB
voting of course, but presumably you could use both for a year or so.
It's just a web site so the results would be visible to the membership.
 That would eliminate most of the speculative arguments occurring now.