[Linux-aus] Candidacy Support Statement - President or Ordinary Council Member

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Dec 9 13:41:35 AEDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 11:57 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> [0] I really don't understand why this bit would be an issue. Paying
>     $200 for ten month's hosting by any random cheap provider for an
>     unmanaged throwaway instance for evaluation purposes

Do you think LA is made of money?  Why spend $20/mo when you can get
away with $5 (including a 2 wildcard SSL cert's thrown in):

    https://lowendbox.com/blog/vmbox-co-2gb-ovz-w-2-free-wildcare-ssl-5m/#more-9302

The bit about "made of money" is in jest.  The real point is web
hosting for a site that only attracts a hit a second or so is
essentially free.  So is backup - Humbug's hourly snapshot to S3 costs
Humbug around $0.60/month.