[Linux-aus] Candidacy Support Statement - President or Ordinary Council Member

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Wed Dec 7 19:27:31 AEDT 2016

On 07/12/16 09:44, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 11:14:12AM +1100, Paul Wayper wrote:

>>> It is a lot of money and Linux sysadmin is something that many volunteers can
>>> do.  But there aren't many people with CiviCRM skills and such projects can be
>>> complex.
>> Of course, if AJ is volunteering to do the conversion, maybe we could save
>> that money!
>
> So I've done the "count-to-ten" thing before replying to this (and
> thrown away a previous draft), because the whole "let's mock someone by
> sarcastically suggesting they should volunteer" gets on my nerves.

Hey, AJ, I should have made that less flippant.  I'm sorry about that.  That
wasn't meant as an attack on you or your reasonable point that we ask whether
we're getting value for money there.

I know you've given a lot of time both as part of the council and
volunteering.  Having some of that work junked is a shame and would feel bad.
I sympathise.

I don't want to take anything away from the rest of your email so I'll send
this off as a separate leaf on the tree.

Have fun,

Paul