[Linux-aus] Open Source Developers' Conference 2015 in Six Weeks!

Tim Serong tim at wirejunkie.com
Mon Sep 14 22:05:26 AEST 2015

Greetings,

We're now only six weeks out from OSDC 2015, which is running in Hobart
from October 27-29.  Hobart, I trust, will be quite delightful that week :)

Our schedule has been updated - check it out at:

  https://2015.osdc.com.au/schedule/

Notably, this includes our Wednesday and Thursday keynotes and plenaries:

* Climbing the Garden Wall – An Educator's Odyssey in Second Life and
  OpenSim by Mark Elwell
* EasyCount, freedom of information and openness by Michael Cordover
* Opportunities in Openness. Driving positive change in local
  communities by Richard Tubb
* Open Source in government: lessons from the community by Pia Waugh

We've also confirmed the conference dinner on the Tuesday will be at The
Apple Shed in the Huon Valley, consisting of delicious fresh local produce.

Wednesday night we've got birds-of-a-feather sessions.  These are
completely delegate driven - we provide the space, you bring yourselves
and your topics.  We've got at least two rooms and at least two hours to
split up here.

Early bird tickets are almost gone, so if you want to pick one of these
up, get in quick!

  https://2015.osdc.com.au/register/

Note that if you have particular dietary requirements, please ensure you
register prior to Friday 2nd October, to allow sufficient time to notify
the catering people.

Finally, for those of you in Melbourne and Sydney, just remember -- a
flight to Hobart can be cheaper (and quite possibly quicker) than a taxi
home to the outer suburbs ;)

Cheers,

Tim
--