[Linux-aus] CFP - Sysadmin Miniconf - Linux.conf.au 2016

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Sun Oct 11 20:02:26 AEDT 2015

                        Call for Presentations
          Linux.conf.au 2016 Systems Administration Miniconf

There will be a one day mini conference on Linux Systems Administration at
linux.conf.au 2016 . LCA2016 will be held in Geelong, Australia on 1 - 5
February 2016

The organisers of the Systems Administration Miniconf would like to invite
proposals for presentations to be delivered at the Miniconf. Please
forward this CFP to your colleagues, peers, social networks, and other
relevant mailing lists. Please help by encouraging submissions from people
you would like to hear from at this Miniconf

This is our 10th Sysadmin Miniconf at Linux.conf.au. Previous
presentations can be found at the website http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/.

Presentation Topics
===================

We welcome talks on best current practice, new developments in Systems
Administration, cutting edge techniques and technologies, and ways to
better manage Linux environments.

Topics for presentations could include (but are not limited to):

* Systems Administration Best Practice
* Containers and orchestration
* TLS everywhere
* Monitoring and metrics. Collection, storage and presentation
* Infrastructure/Platform/Software as a Service (IAAS)
* Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
* IPv6
* Software Defined Networking (SDN)
* DevOps
* Configuration Management
* Bootstrapping systems, Lifecycle Management
* Dealing with BYOD
* Backups in a virtual/distributed world
* Troubleshooting techniques
* Buying Decisions
* Web and Email management
* Keeping legacy systems functioning
* War stories from the "Real World"

Presentations should be of a technical nature and speakers should assume
that members of the audience have at least a couple of years experience in
Unix/Linux administration.

Format of Presentations
=======================

We are now seeking proposals for presentations at the mini-conference. We
have openings for:

     45 minute double-length presentations
     15-20 minute full presentations
     5-10 minute "lightning talks"

Please note, due to the single day available (and whole-LCA keynote before
morning tea), we expect the majority of available timeslots to be 20
minutes or less. We have a general policy of accepting a high proportion
of proposals but handing out relativly short timeslots. Please see
previous years Miniconf schedules for examples.

Submitting talks
================

Please note that in order to give a presentation or attend the Miniconf
you must be registered (and paid up) for the main linux.conf.au
conference. Presenting at the Miniconf does not entitle you to discounted
or free registration at the main conference nor priority with
registration. Unfortunately the Miniconf has no budget for sponsorship of
speakers.

Submissions should be made via:

http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/proposal16.html

Questions should be sent to:

lca2016 @ sysadmin.miniconf.org

Dates and Deadlines
===================

To encourage early submissions priority (both of inclusion and scheduling)
will be given to presentations submitted before the 8th of November 2015.
Please indicate if you need an early confirmation to aid you in arranging
time off work or travel.

     2015-10-31 - Deadline for early submissions
     2015-11-08 - Early submissions confirmation
     2015-12-12 - Deadline for submissions
     2015-12-19 - Confirmation of all presentations
     2016-02-02 - Sysadmin Miniconf held.

Contact and Questions

Please see our website at http://sysadmin.miniconf.org for more
information on the miniconf, past presentations and presenting at it.

If you have any questions please feel free to email the organisers at:

lca2016 @ sysadmin.miniconf.org