[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Grant Request - CompCon 2015 - Speaker Travel Funding

Andrew Donnellan andrew.donnellan at compcon.net.au
Tue Oct 6 00:00:09 AEDT 2015

Hi all,

Following up on this now that CompCon 2015 is over.

Russell's talk was very popular with ~50 students in attendance (by my
recollection), which was fantastic - along with the other talks we had from
Red Hatters and IBMers who spoke on open source, it was great to see
interest from so many students. Many of the conversations I had with
attendees indicated that interest in contributing to open source and free
software is alive and well among CS students!

Russell also spent a lot of his time after hours having in depth
discussions with students - I'm aware of at least one student who made her
first commit to a Python project while still at the conference, which is
awesome.

So thanks to Russell for doing this, and thanks to Linux Australia for
funding it!

Andrew

E: andrew.donnellan at compcon.net.au
M: +61 406 711 748