[Linux-aus] [Papers-chair] [sort of OT] Making a better LCA Presentation - Avoiding "Death-By-Powerpoint" [1]

Ian ilox11 at gmail.com
Sat May 30 11:38:30 AEST 2015

Thankyou Glen, something I have been saying for years.
The name of the program is Power Point, not Power Presentation nor even
Power-Read-The-Slide-With-Me. That last technique is so insulting to the
audience yet I see it time after time, Death-by-Powerpoint!

And don't forget those awesome little touches like the slide numbering and
titles and irritating bits at the bottom that are simply superfluous to
putting over the important bits, the Power Points behind the presentation.

I really hope the templates being offered to LCA Speakers don't have things
like these on them.

--
-- Ian