[Linux-aus] [sort of OT] Making a better LCA Presentation - Avoiding "Death-By-Powerpoint" [1]

Nathan Bailey nate at polynate.net
Wed May 27 11:17:40 AEST 2015

Hi Kathy,
   A few comments:
1. I think a speaker pack and template is a great idea.
2. Apple (for WWDC) actually rewrite people's slide decks to be "more
Apple", which is a combination of high quality presentation and branding.
This is regardless of speaker experience and status.
3. Great speakers tend to enjoy feedback. I suspect if we offer a "Speaker
feedback" service, it would equally attract experienced and inexperienced
speakers
4. I would encourage you to add the "Speaker feedback" service to the
speaker pack as an option, and include anyone who identifies themselves as
willing to give feedback to read the speaker pack, talk with each other and
provide feedback to speakers.

kind regards,
Nathan