[Linux-aus] TED conference connect app

Christopher Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Sun May 24 16:57:07 AEST 2015

On 24 May 2015 at 14:44, Ian <ilox11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just think that if LCA wants to keep up with the claims about a top
> technical conference then it is time it got out of the '80s way of doing
> conferences and actually demonstrate some of that techiness that it claims
> ;)
>
> What it comes down to Russell, any conference can do Blue Hawaiian shirts
> but a real Geek Conference should be known for being able to do geeky things
> like RFID/Bluetooth/QR codes etc LOL

Of course, LCA is all about motivated volunteers. If someone's
interested in *making this stuff happen*, there's two years [0] worth
of LCA chairs who are ready to listen to you and possibly get stuff to
happen. LCA's already a pretty big operation, and things don't happen
without passionate people stepping up to make them happen.

--Chris

[0] though of course, I only speak for 2017.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --
WWW: http://chrisjrn.com -- Twitter: @chrisjrn