[Linux-aus] PyCon Australia 2015 Call for Proposals is Open!

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:49:37 AEDT 2015

Closes Friday 8th May

PyCon Australia 2015 is pleased to announce that its Call for Proposals is
now open!

The conference this year will be held on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd August
2015 in Brisbane. We'll also be featuring a day of Miniconfs on Friday 31st
July.

The deadline for proposal submission is *Friday 8th May, 2015*.

PyCon Australia attracts professional developers from all walks of life,
including industry, government, and science, as well as enthusiast and
student developers. We’re looking for proposals for presentations and
tutorials on any aspect of Python programming, at all skill levels from
novice to advanced.

Presentation subjects may range from reports on open source, academic or
commercial projects; or even tutorials and case studies. If a presentation
is interesting and useful to the Python community, it will be considered
for inclusion in the program.

We're especially interested in short presentations that will teach
conference-goers something new and useful. Can you show attendees how to
use a module? Explore a Python language feature? Package an application?
Miniconfs

Four Miniconfs will be held on Friday 31st July, as a prelude to the main
conference. Miniconfs are run by community members and are separate to the
main conference. If you are a first time speaker, or your talk is targeted
to a particular field, the Miniconfs might be a better fit than the main
part of the conference. If your proposal is not selected for the main part
of the conference, it may be selected for one of our Miniconfs:

*DjangoCon AU* is the annual conference of Django users in the Southern
Hemisphere. It covers all aspects of web software development, from design
to deployment - and, of course, the use of the Django framework itself. It
provides an excellent opportunity to discuss the state of the art of web
software development with other developers and designers.

The *Python in Education Miniconf* aims to bring together community
workshop organisers, professional Python instructors and professional
educators across primary, secondary and tertiary levels to share their
experiences and requirements, and identify areas of potential collaboration
with each other and also with the broader Python community.

The *Science and Data Miniconf* is a forum for people using Python to
tackle problems in science and data analysis. It aims to cover commercial
and research interests in applications of science, engineering,
mathematics, finance, and data analysis using Python, including AI and 'big
data' topics.

The *OpenStack Miniconf* is dedicated to talks related to the OpenStack
project and we welcome proposals of all kinds: technical, community,
infrastructure or code talks/discussions; academic or commercial
applications; or even tutorials and case studies. If a presentation is
interesting and useful to the OpenStack community, it will be considered
for inclusion. We also welcome talks that have been given previously in
different events.
First Time Speakers

We welcome first-time speakers; we are a community conference and we are
eager to hear about your experience. If you have friends or colleagues who
have something valuable to contribute, twist their arms to tell us about
it! Please also forward this Call for Proposals to anyone that you feel may
be interested.

The most recent call for proposals information can always be found at:
http://pycon-au.org/cfp

See you in Brisbane in July!
Important Dates

   1. Call for Proposals opens
   <http://2015.pycon-au.org/programme/submit_a_proposal>: Friday 27th
   March, 2015
   2. Proposal submission deadline: Friday 8th May, 2015
   3. Proposal acceptance: Monday 25 May, 2015

--
Clinton Roy
Lead Organiser