[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au 2016 Geelong - LCA By the Bay - Stakeholder Update July 2015

Kathy Reid - Team linux.conf.au 2016 Geelong - LCA By the Bay info at lcabythebay.org.au
Sat Jul 25 12:29:06 AEST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

You're receiving this email as you're a key stakeholder and/or
interested party for linux.conf.au 2016 Geelong - LCA By the Bay. We'll
be keeping you informed in the lead up to the conference with key updates.

      Call for Papers

The conference #CfP opened in June, and we've had a fantastic response!
#CfP will be open until 2nd August, so please do consider passing the
link below to any colleagues who may be interested in presented on open
source or linux-related topics. This year, we introduced a new
presentation type - Prototypes - aimed at showcasing near-to-market
hardware and software ideas, and bringing the intellectual capital of
our community to bear on them. http://linux.conf.au/cfp

Our seasoned and respected Papers Committee, led by Michael Still and
Michael Davies of Rackspace, will review and select the Conference
Programme in late August, and Speakers will be notified in September.

      Elastic signed as our first Sponsor!

We're thrilled to announce that Elastic are our first Sponsor! Elastic
search was founded in 2012, with a rich history in open source
development thanks to founder Shay Banon. It's software is used for
providing fast and efficient scalable search in all kinds of documents.
The company has raised over $100 Million in funding so far.
http://elastic.co

For more information about Sponsorship opportunities with #lca2016
please email sponsorship at lcabythebay.org.au

      Video recording and streaming

We've engaged the wonderful folks at Next Day Video to manage our video
recording. We're considering whether we'll stream the conference, given
the large overhead involved. Our next actions here are to identify the
AV equipment in our conference venues and identify the best approach to
video recording.
http://nextdayvideo.com

      Conference registration

We use a system called ZooKeepr (http://zookeepr.org/) to manage
registrations and ticket sales for linux.conf.au, and we've been putting
the finishing touches to the system to prepare for opening ticket sales
in September. You can register on the site now.
http://linux.conf.au/

      Accommodation

We're working with Deakin Residences for accommodation and will keep you
updated on developments here.

      Transport

We're working with transport providers in the Geelong region to ensure
all Delegates can get quickly and easily to and from the airport. Stay
tuned for more.

      How do I stay in touch?

Potential Delegates and Speakers are encouraged to remain up to date
with conference news through the following channels;

Website: https://linux.conf.au
Twitter: @linuxconfau, hashtag #lca2016
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lcabythebay
Google+: https://www.google.com/+LcabythebayOrgAu
Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2016/linuxconfau/
IRC: #linux.conf.au on freenode.net
Email: info at lcabythebay.org.au
Announce mailing list:

We warmly encourage you to forward this announcement to technical
communities you may be involved in.

With kind regards,
David Bell and Kathy Reid
linux.conf.au 2016 Geelong - LCA By the Bay