[Linux-aus] MemberDB is a great short term solution, but we need a broader rethink

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Tue Jan 27 08:22:03 AEDT 2015

On 19/01/15 20:36, James Purser wrote:

> If we're going to stick with drupal then I think the best option is to
> use a drupal based membership management system, if nothing else, it
> reduces the "walk in front of a bus" problem.
>
> As I recall from previous investigations the only thing that civicrm
> lacked was the ability to hold elections.

As someone who has used Drupal for over a decade, I could not recommend
it less as a tool for Linux Australia.

As others have said more eloquently, let's build our criteria and select
our application / development according to what matches. It may even be
drupal, at which point I'm happy to be wrong :-)

--
Craige McWhirter
M: 0468591819