[Linux-aus] Fwd: Printers that work with Ubuntu 14.04

shelagh.manton at gmail.com shelagh.manton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 21:59:12 AEST 2015

Hi all

I'm in the market for a multifunction printer. I've looked at the Brother
MFC-L2703DW which is a laser monochrome printer that scans and does duplex
printing and the HP Laserjet pro M127fn (similar spec)
I've had success with Brother printers in the past, and I know that HP work
hard at Linux compatibility. I would have no hesitation with a printer that
just prints with either of these brands but with the scanning functions, I
understand that it becomes more complicated.

Has anyone had experience with either of these printers? Could you
recommend one that you know does work well? I'm looking in the price range
of < $250.00.
Searching on the internet for comments from users is just confusing. The
more expensive HP printer/scanners have good recommendations but I don't
need the extra functionality and I don't want to spend the money.

Cheers

Shelagh