[Linux-aus] In loving memory of Chris Yeoh

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Apr 13 11:33:38 AEST 2015

Hi, as promised I now have details of a charity for people to donate
to in Chris' memory:

    http://participate.freetobreathe.org/site/TR?px=1582460&fr_id=2710&pg=personal#.VSscH5SUd90

In the words of the family:

"We would prefer that people donate to lung cancer research in lieu of
flowers. Lung cancer has the highest mortality rate out of all the
cancers, and the lowest funding out of all the cancers. There is a
stigma attached that lung cancer is a smoker's disease, and that
sufferers deserve their fate. They bring it on through lifestyle
choice. Except that Chris has never smoked in his life, like a
surprisingly large percentage of lung cancer sufferers. These people
suffer for the incorrect beliefs of the masses, and those that are
left behind are equally innocent. We shouldn't be doing this now. He
shouldn't be gone. We need to do more to fix this. There will be
charity envelopes available at the funeral, or you can choose your
preferred research to fund, should you wish to do so. You have our
thanks."

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia