[Linux-aus] [Osia-members] Australian Gov Drupal

Aimee Maree aimee at aimeemaree.com
Tue Sep 30 13:07:41 EST 2014

It concerns me to think that the government would standardise on a distribution of Drupal... as a CMS aficionado it concerns me that one solution would be chosen and other open source CMS which might be a lot better then other matches are not looked into. Also the concern is updates because it is a proprietary flavour of Drupal it means upgrades like Drupal8 etc will be dependent upon previous next getting the distro and custom modules upgraded etc... We fought for years to get Open Source as an acceptable choice and looked at in tenders and now it seems this objective has gone too far the other way aka removing choice and selection again.