[Linux-aus] Clouds, Containers and Orchestration Miniconf at LCA 2015

Mark Ellem mark at colmiga.org
Tue Sep 16 17:04:36 EST 2014

On 16/09/14 15:22, Chris Neugebauer wrote:
> On 16 September 2014 16:56, Simon Lyall
> <simon.lyall at lca2015.linux.org.au> wrote:
>> world, and is considered the most prestigious in the Southern
>> Hemisphere.

Keywords are "most prestigious". Larger and longer running are not the
same attributes. Now if there is evidence of FISL making a claim of
"most prestigious in the Southern Hemisphere" for their conference, then
there would be a valid argument. Nowhere in the referenced article is
there a claim FISL is "most prestigious".

Therefore, there is nothing wrong with the claim made about LCA being
the "most prestigious" conference.

Mark