[Linux-aus] PyCon Australia 2014 Early Bird Registrations Now Open!

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:21:21 EST 2014

We are delighted to announce that online registration is now open for
PyCon Australia 2014. The fifth PyCon Australia is being held in
Brisbane, Queensland from August 1st – 5th at the Brisbane Convention
and Exhibition Centre and is expected to draw hundreds of Python
developers, enthusiasts and students from Australasia and afar.

Starting today, early bird offers are up for grabs. To take advantage
of these discounted ticket rates, be among the first 100 to register.
Early bird registration starts from $50 for full-time students, $180
for enthusiasts and $450 for professionals. Offers this good won’t
last long, so head straight to http://2014.pycon-au.org and register
right away.

PyCon Australia has endeavoured to keep tickets as affordable as
possible. We are able to do so, thanks to our Sponsors and
Contributors.

We have also worked out favourable deals with accommodation providers
for PyCon delegates. Find out more about the options at
http://2014.pycon-au.org/register/accommodation

To begin the registration process, and find out more about each level
of ticket, visit http://2014.pycon-au.org/register/prices

Important Dates to Help You Plan
===========================
27 May: Early Bird Registration Opens -- open to the first 100 tickets
July 9: Last day to Order PyCon Australia 2014 T-shirts
19 July: Last day to Advise Special Dietary Requirements
August 1: PyCon Australia 2014 Begins

What’s in store at PyCon Australia 2014?
=================================
In keeping with the high standard of previous PyCon events worldwide,
this year as well we bring you a sterling line-up of speakers, who
will take to the stage to present exciting, engaging and
thought-provoking keynotes, talks and tutorials.

PyCon Australia 2014 kicks off with miniconferences on Day 1. Django
developers can look forward to the return of last year’s successful
DjangoCon AU. Not to be outdone, OpenStack developers will be sure to
welcome back the second “Python on OpenStack” day. That’s not all.
This year will be marked by the launch of an additional stream, the
Science and Data Analysis miniconf, to support the growing communities
using Python in scientific applications, big data, and quantitative
analysis.

Main conference day dawns on August 2. Over the next two,
action-packed days, we have lined up for you a riveting programme
packed with Keynotes, Lightning talks and tutorials from Python
experts and core developers. PyCon Australia aims to have something
for everyone.  And this year’s line-up will not disappoint. Programme
submissions have drawn some of the brightest minds in the field. So,
prepare to be inspired and amazed by some seriously great content by
debutants, enthusiasts and professionals alike.

Finally, we finish off with two exhilarating rounds of developer
sprints. We’ll also have time for some fun stuff including a PyCon
Dinner, complete with great company and great food. If you are new to
PyCon, you might definitely want to add this to your calendar.  As any
regular attendee will attest, it is the place to be to really soak up
the PyCon culture and make friends. More fun events are on the cards,
so stay tuned.

All in all an action-packed conference awaits you at PyCon Australia
this year. So don’t miss out on this opportunity. We look forward to
seeing you in Brisbane.

Share this with your friends and other Pythonistas.

To register, head to: http://2014.pycon-au.org/prices/register

Stay connected with us on:

Google+: http://plus.google.com/+PyConAU
Twitter: http://twitter.com/PyConAU
Facebook: http://facebook.com/PyConAustralia

Diversity Statement
===============
We take pride in being a community-driven conference. And as such, in
the true spirit of PyCon Australia, we are committed to upholding the
values of being respectful to one another, regardless of gender,
sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race
or religion. In order to make PyCon Australia inclusive in every sense
of the word, everyone at the event, the delegates/attendees, speakers,
exhibitors, organisers and volunteers, is required to conform to the
Code of Conduct (http://2014.pycon-au.org/register/code_of_conduct)

Thanks to our Sponsors
==================
Our heartfelt gratitude to our incredible sponsors without whose
generous support this conference would not have been possible. Thanks
to our sponsors, we are able to make PyCon Australia bigger, better
and within the reach of the wider community.

Platinum:
Red Hat Asia Pacific (http://au.redhat.com)

Gold:
NetBox Blue (http://netboxblue.com)
Google Australia (http://google.com)

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (http://www.linux.org.au).

About PyCon Australia
===================
PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python Programming
Community. The fifth PyCon Australia will be held on August 1-5, 2014
in Brisbane, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for developing with Python. PyCon Australia
informs the country’s Python developers with presentations, tutorials
and panel sessions by experts and core developers of Python, as well
as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2014, visit our website
http://2014.pycon-au.org or e-mail us at contact at pycon-au.org.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --