[Linux-aus] Announcing Kiwi PyCon 2014 Call for Proposals! [Closes 15 June!]

Tom Eastman tom at eastman.net.nz
Mon May 19 17:56:02 EST 2014

The New Zealand Python User Group and the Kiwi PyCon 2014 committee
are pleased to announce the opening of the CFP for this year's Kiwi PyCon.

Kiwi PyCon is an independent, community-run and not-for-profit
conference dedicated to the Python programming language. Kiwi PyCon 2014
will be held on the weekend of the 12th, 13th and 14th of September.

The venue for this year is The University of Otago Wellington Conference
Centre, in Wellington's vibrant Newtown suburb, a quick bus ride from
the center of the city.

The submission deadline for proposals is Sunday the 15th of June, 2014.
That's a little under four weeks away, so get your thinking caps on!

More on the conference can be found at:

	http://kiwi.pycon.org

and the details for the Call for Proposals can be perused at:

	http://kiwi.pycon.org/call-for-proposals/

We're looking for talks and tutorials on all aspects of Python. We
especially welcome first-time speakers; we are a community conference
and are eager to hear about your experience. If you have friends or
colleagues who have something to contribute, please twist their arm
(gently!) to talk about it!

If you have the seed of an idea, head over to http://kiwi.pycon.org/ and
create a user account. Fill in some details, and submit your talk. We're
looking forward to hearing about it!

Tom Eastman, on behalf of the New Zealand Python User Group.