[Linux-aus] Expression of Interest: Linux.conf.au 2017 - Hobart bid

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:55:37 EST 2014

Hi Council,

I'm pleased to inform you that Hobart, Tasmania is interested in
placing a bid for Linux.conf.au 2017.

We've done some preliminary groundwork on sourcing venues and
suppliers, and we're now in the process of assembling a team.

Over the last few years, Hobart has undergone an incredible process of
renewal, and we think the time is right to bring the conference back
to Tasmania.

We're looking forward to working with Council in preparing our bid,
and sharing our plans with the broader community in due course.

Thanks, and we look forward to hearing more,

--Christopher Neugebauer
Bid Director
and Craige McWhirter
Bid Co-Director