[Linux-aus] Minutes of Council Meeting 03 June 2014

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Mon Jun 16 12:31:18 EST 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Michael Still wrote:
> It is my understanding that it is a standard part of academic
> conferences to collect written papers for each speaker. These are then
> published in proceedings and count as publication for the purposes of
> tracking your career output. In other words, I think being an
> "academic conference" requires this. Its one of the reasons LCA hasn't
> ever been excited about this.

These day LCA doesn't even appear to collect slides. Which I miss.

Yeah I know the Cool Kids' presentations are just 10 flickr images but
sometimes they are good and a lot faster to get through than watching
talks.

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.simonlyall.com/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar