[Linux-aus] Suggestions for best approach/language for this scenario

Avi Miller avi.miller at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 22:22:26 EST 2014

Hey Chris,

On 4 Jun 2014, at 10:18 pm, Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 10:09:18 AM Avi Miller wrote:
>
>> So, I’m looking for suggestions on the programming language and/or tools
>> that would be well-suited for this task. Alternatively, if there is already
>> something that could do this (or be munged to do this), I’m all ears.
>
> A quick Google reveals some possible helpful projects:

Ah, sorry - perhaps I was being obtuse: we already have the radio automation software. What I need is a system that connects to a TCP port on the radio automation system and listens for data. It should also open a port so that the streaming encoder can connect to it. When it receives data from the automation system, it delivers it to the streaming encoder.

If after the duration sent by the automation system, the “piece-in-the-middle” hasn’t received an update, it will then send a generic “now playing” message to the downstream streaming encoder.

Does that make more sense? It’s kinda like an MQ system, if I could find one that could just bind to TCP ports.

Cheers,
Avi