[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au 2014 Financials

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Sun Jun 1 11:36:57 EST 2014

Just one small note of warning: more administrative overhead on the
teams that organise LCA is not going to make it a more financially
successful conference but instead will put off more people from
offering a bid.
Make sure that whatever financial oversight you put in place are done
by people outside the core team.

TBH: I am not overly worried about an LCA having made a loss. It does
seems a bit strange that this conference was organised by a
professional events manager and yet the council wasn't made aware of
any financial issues until late. I assume you've done your assessments
of whether the events manager involvement was useful and actually
helped make the conference a success.

Cheers,
Silvia.