[Linux-aus] Grant request: Contribution to Senate voting source code FOI request review.

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:49:41 EST 2014

An update on this:

The AEC are applying to have Michael's FOI request declared vexatious.
This is effectively the Freedom of Information Act's mechanism to shut
down requests.

See https://twitter.com/mjec/status/484849436653518848 for a link to
the scanned PDF of the letter [1].

I'm quite disappointed by the Electoral Commission's lack of
transparency, even more so now that they are blocking attempts to
increase this transparency. I encourage you to pledge to the campaign
if you think source code transparency in democracy is important --
more support is needed. http://www.pozible.com/project/183015/96681

--Chris

[1] An attempt was made by another RightToKnow.org.au user to gain
access to the AEC's submission in a machine-readable format. The
application by the AEC I refer to above actually suggests that people
are colluding to harass the AEC by using a public web site, which is a
bit funny.