[Linux-aus] Photos at conferences

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:25:55 EST 2014

Hi Noel,

I'm not sure I 100% understand your point, but I do think you'll find
public place doesn't just mean crown land. If LCA wanted to, they probably
could impinge a policy attached as a condition of entry, but in leiu of
that it would be as per a public place.

-T

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net>wrote:

>  On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 08:54 +1030, Michael Davies wrote:
>
>  If you're in a public space you can be legally photographed without
> your permission.  That's the law of the land.  But as a community,
>

> That wont wash with LCA
> Any first year law student could argue that LCA is a "private event" held
> in a "private venue"
>
> Of course if LCA was held on public property, like a park, sidewalk, or
> even after such event in a car park, there's no argument.

Tennessee Leeuwenburg
http://myownhat.blogspot.com/
"Don't believe everything you think"