[Linux-aus] LCA2015

Andrew Donnellan ajdlinux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 10:47:28 EST 2014

On 18/01/14 10:22, Hugh Blemings wrote:
> Sorry about that, I think we (the LA council) may have missed that in
> the hubbub of return trips and so forth!

Fair enough, you've all got more than enough on your plate throughout LCA!

On 18/01/14 06:42, Chris Neugebauer wrote:
> It's been under the org.au space because Linux.conf.au
> <http://Linux.conf.au> had been known to disappear randomly. Much
> better to have a reliable address.

AFAIK, before auDA officially deprecated the conf.au 2LD, registrations
were supposed to be temporary for a period of no more than a few months
either side of the conference. IIRC, when auDA discontinued conf.au and
grandfathered in LCA, we reached some agreement whereby it was now a
permanent registration? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, of course.)

Andrew